Home Health Aide (HHA)
We also offer Home Health Aide programs for our students. HHA refers to the provision of personal as well as home care services to people who need assistance in their daily living activities at their private homes.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is estimated that the HHA field is likely to grow by 40% by the year 2026. This rate of growth is way faster as opposed to other health-care occupations.
Therefore, we are aimed at providing Home Health Aide training is needed for students who are willing to pursue their career in the HHA field. Our experienced and dedicated staffs help students acquire the necessary skills to perform HHA duties properly. Our specialized HHA training will help the student learn about client requirements in their actual setting.
Moreover, our training program is aligned with the federal requirements for HHA training that allows students to get supervised practical experience in their chosen home health-care field.
TYPICAL HOME HEALTH AIDE TASKS INCLUDE:
- Meal preparation for special or complex diets (low sodium, low fat, etc.)
- Assisting with Range of Motion exercises
- Simple dressing changes
- Knowledge and training on the use of assistive devices, such as a Hoyer Lift
- Assisting with personal hygiene, such as toileting, bathing, dressing, and feeding
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Assistance with walking, standing, sitting